Benefits of Filter Debris Analysis
Filter Debris Analysis identifies contaminants and wear mechanisms not detected by traditional elemental analysis.
- Detects early stages of component failure
- Bridges the gap between elemental analysis & particle count/particle quantifier
- Determines particle size, type & wear mechanism
- Facilitates root cause analysis
- Elemental Analysis by ICP (oil from filter)
- Acid Digestion Elemental Analysis (filter flushing fluid)
- Gravimetric Solids
- Analytical Ferrography
Particles are identified as metallic or non-metallic. Particles are heat-treated to determine high alloy vs. low alloy. Particle size, shape and color are analyzed through a microscope to determine source. Digital images of micropatch tests are also included.
This test is vital to identifying and qualifying contaminants. Many of these contaminants are not detected through routine tests due to particle size or instrument and method limitations.
Filter Debris Analysis Packing & Shipping Instructions
- Order Filter Debris Analysis kits from POLARIS Laboratories® - remove filter without puncturing and drain.
- Insert filter into white Tyvek bag.
- Wrap additional packaging material around white Tyvek bag to absorb excess oil leaking from filter.
- Complete component registration form and include with filter in shipping container. Ship sample to laboratory via trackable shipping service.
- Retrieve report - take recommended maintenance action.
Filter Debris Analysis Product Guide (PDF - 1.4MB)
POLARIS Laboratories® Announces 2013 Public Training Classes
POLARIS Laboratories®, an innovative leader in the fluid analysis industry, has announced its public training class schedule for 2013. Whether attendees are just beginning to establish fluid analysis best practices or they've been in the industry for years, these classes will expand their knowledge of oils and coolants and help them understand the importance of doing fluid analysis and doing it well.
POLARIS Laboratories® Opens New Fluid Testing Lab in Moscow, Russia
The company has now expanded into Russia with the opening of POLARIS Laboratories® Russia, the official representative of POLARIS Laboratories®, located in Moscow.
Cooling Systems Maintenance
May 28, 2013
May 29-30, 2013
July 24-25, 2013
Tradeshows & Conferences
Saskatchewan Oil and Gas Show
June 5-6, 2013
Oil Sands Trade Show
Fort McMurray, AB
September 10-11, 2013